Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 23 mal aufgerufen
 Silkroad
jcy123 Offline

10.09.2018 01:20
d a murky green since Monday nights events. Chen Ruolin and Liu Huixia didnt seem to care about the color. They won the womens 1 antworten

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A woman who was gang-raped by football players while unconscious in a dorm room at Vanderbilt University has now testified for a fourth time in court. Cory Batey was sentenced to 15 years in prison Friday after a searing 11-minute statement by the victim, who was a neuroscience and economics major when she was attacked. These are her words, as transcribed by The Associated Press.Thank you.Its hard for me to stand here on display and speak to you today about the impact this has had on my life. The thought of sharing any more of myself that hasnt already been taken from me seems unbearable, and it goes against every instinct that I have.I was fearful of giving a victim impact statement at all because I know that after three years and everything that has happened, I can never do it justice, and Im scared of that failure. It will never be possible for anyone to put into words how this has affected me. And you will never understand what this has done to me if you arent standing in my shoes. The humiliation, the pain, the isolation, being reduced to nothing but a piece of flesh right before your eyes -- it does something to you that is truly impossible to describe.I also know that its hard to encapsulate the impact this has had because it is still ongoing. The attack on me didnt end that day, because I re-live it in every proceeding, and experience additional attacks every time I am in court.When I let myself think of this, I become so angry and feel so powerless, even today, that speaking coherently about it at all is a challenge. But after what was done to me that night and three years of abuse at the hands of the defendant, I felt I had to come here and ask the court to consider the impact of his choices and his actions.On June 22 of 2013, I was a happy, hard-working Vanderbilt student looking forward to my future. I was 21 years old. Ive seen with my own eyes what I was when Mr. Batey was done with me -- a piece of trash, face down in a hallway covered in his urine and palm prints. A photograph he took himself.There are no words to describe the horror of the images from that night and how it feels to watch yourself be dehumanized.A detective showed me some of those photos and videos that you and 42 jurors have now seen, so many times. And what I saw was image after image of my genitalia, covering the entire frame on the screen. These stark, alien-looking fingers all over the flesh were moving from frame to frame, with multiple hands reaching in. Videos played, and I heard the laughing. I heard the degrading, taunting voices.My memory of the images I was shown then starts to flash in and out. The realization of all the ways that they raped me, that people can see these close-up images of my body, the unknown of what was done to me in those 30 minutes that wasnt recorded -- it was incomprehensible. I wanted to run away and never stop running.At one point I saw what I first thought was a dead womans face. I was suddenly overwhelmed by my memory of a family members corpse, and then I realized that its me. They had taken a picture of my face during the rape. I was lifeless and my face was covered in something shiny. I didnt recognize myself.Something permanent snapped that day. I felt myself detach from my body. Now, I feel like Im walking around in the shell of someone else. A part of me went numb, a sense of being a whole person with hopes and dreams about whats possible in the world was now gone.I felt my belief that people are inherently good turn into some cruel joke, in an instant. I even blamed myself for believing that people werent capable of something like this, and that the world is a better place than it is, when the truth was that I did nothing wrong.No one should ever have to experience what I have. Mr. Batey is to blame for his actions and his choices.I was 21 years old when this happened. Im 24 today. Since the horror of that night, all I have wanted is for this to be behind me, to be left alone and to try and live my life in peace. But the process to get justice has been a never-ending, constant misery that has twisted itself so into my life that I cant even remember what it was like in a time when this wasnt happening.Everything the defendant has done in this case and the media circus surrounding it have been a continuous disruption, repeatedly dragging me back every single step I try to take forward. I can only feel that the defendant has intentionally wanted this to be as tortuous for me as possible.Part of the impact this has had and will continue to have on my life is the media scrutiny, invited by Mr. Bateys own high-profile status and amplified by his own television interviews. What happened to me that night has been compounded by the live-streaming, tweeting, and international dissemination of every detail of how I was degraded and humiliated for all posterity. In this age of technology, anyone I ever meet in my personal or professional life can learn that I am a rape victim and the details of the case before Ive even fully introduced myself to them. There is no way for me to even know if any given person I interact with has done so. This is something I now have to expect for the rest of my life.It is also hard for me to push aside all of the attempts by the defendant to misrepresent himself and disparage my character, because I could stand here for hours talking about the impact of all the lies Ive had to sit in this courtroom and listen to. I remember each and every one of them, and every time it hurt me. It made me angry because I didnt have a voice and I couldnt say anything. I shouldnt even have to defend myself, and even if I could, everything I share about myself here is repeated by the national media. It got so bad that for the last two trials, I couldnt even bear to sit in here and listen to it.Part of me does want to stand here for hours and hours and go through every single thing Mr. Batey has done throughout this case. But the truth is that the focus never should have been on me. I was unconscious. I was driven and carried to the crime scene. The defendant was a complete stranger.Again, the attack on me didnt end that day, because I re-live it in every proceeding and am constantly experiencing additional attacks. The fact that I even had to breathe the same air as the men who did this to me, ever again, to me is unthinkable. But I have endured all of this because the details of the rape are so horrific, and there is so much irrefutable evidence -- I knew that they had to be stopped and held accountable.This is a serious, violent crime and it must receive the enhanced punishment it deserves. Any victim should know that they would have justice if they went through the process.I am asking that Mr. Batey receive the maximum sentence of 25 years under the law, to set the amount of time that he will not be able to do this to another victim, to deter others like him, and based on the particularly egregious nature of the rape itself.He did not commit just one act of violence against me. There were five acts of sexual assault and rape committed by him and him alone, and there were seven acts of violence he was found guilty of committing against me. But sexual assault was not where the attack ended. Mr. Batey continued to abuse and degrade me, urinating on my face while uttering horrific racial hate speech that suggested I deserved what he was doing to me because of the color of my skin. He didnt even know who I was.I also ask for the maximum sentence of 25 years as is appropriate for the impact this has had and will continue to have on me every day for the rest of my life. Discount NFL Jerseys . But when it comes to determining if Raymond will find a place on the Leafs roster when training camp concludes in a week, well, that decision will ultimately fall to the head coach. Cheap Jerseys China . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. http://www.nfljerseyschinacheap.com/ . As he recorded his 23rd and 24th points of the evening, a segment of the sellout Air Canada Centre crowd expressed their appreciation for the Raptors point guard with a smattering of MVP chants. Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale . In the response filed Wednesday to the complaint by 30-year-old Alexander Bradley, attorneys say the former University of Florida player is invoking his Fifth Amendment right that protects people from incriminating themselves. Football Jerseys From China .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Good old Michael Phelps, golden again.For teenagers Katie Ledecky and Simone Biles, their star turns in the Summer Olympics might be just beginning.From the pool to the gymnastics floor, Team USA had nice day at the Rio de Janeiro Games.Not all the American stars were winners Tuesday, though. Serena Williams lost on the tennis court and the U.S. womens soccer team gave up a late goal and ended up in a draw with Colombia.But a new generation of U.S. athletes is ready to take up the banner of Olympic standard-bearer from Phelps, a grizzled veteran at 31.Phelps earned his 20th career gold medal after taking the 200-meter butterfly. He erased the bad memories from his loss in the same race in London to South African Chad le Clos.Phelps got off to a rousing start at the Rio Games by leading his 4x100 freestyle team to the gold medal on Sunday.On Tuesday, Phelps face bared a familiar scowl as he walked out on to the deck. He held off Japans Masato Sakai by four-hundredths of a second, with Hungarys Tamas Kenderesi taking the bronze.His 21st gold came later Tuesday night after swimming the anchor leg on the 4x200-meter relay.Ledecky strode atop the medal podium again with a bright smile after taking gold for winning the 200-meter freestyle. Sarah Sjostrom of Sweden claimed the silver and Emma McKeon of Australia took the bronze.Ledecky, just 19, won her second gold. At this pace, she could challenge Phelps medal haul someday.At the other end of Olympic Park, the U.S. womens gymnastics team captured a second straight gold with a high-flying and dominating performance.The triumph was never in doubt, their score of 184.897 at the Rio Games was more than eight points clear of the field. The day was capped by the 19-year-old Biles, a fan favorite, whose boundary-pushing floor exercise showed just how far ahead they are of everyone else.Biles, Lauren Hernandez, Gabby Douglas, Madison Kocian and Aly Raisman also gave retiring national team coordinator Martha Karolyi a fitting send off with powerful performances on all the apparatuses.The golden girls dubbed themselves The Final Five in honor of Karolyis retirement at the end of the Olympics and the fact that the format is changing for Tokyo in 2020 so that only four team members will take part in the team competition.The normally stern Karolyi broke down in tears when she was told of the nickname the team adopted.I think at this moment we can say that that the United States dominates the world of gymnastics, Karolyi said.Russia took the silver medal and China earned bronze.Other highlights from Day 4 at the Rio Games:MURKY POOL : At Maria Lenk Aquatics Center, there was more buzz over the color of the waterr than the diving competition.dddddddddddd It had turned a murky green since Monday nights events. Chen Ruolin and Liu Huixia didnt seem to care about the color. They won the womens 10-meter synchronized platform title to make China 3-for-3 in the competition so far.SOUR SERENA : Williams shanked shots all over the court in getting upset by Elina Svitolina of Ukraine. The top-ranked American wont get a chance to defend the gold she won in London. Williams looked out of sorts and irritated, accumulating 37 unforced errors. She had five double-faults in one game alone in the 6-4, 6-3 loss to the 20th-ranked Svitolina. Williams wiped her forehead, picked up her rackets and headed back quickly to the locker room. Svitolina, who had never before played in an Olympics, smiled and stuck her arms out in front of her, palms up, as if waking up from a dream.ON THE PITCH : Catalina Usme beat U.S. goalie Hope Solo on a pair of free kicks to draw Colombia to a 2-2 tie with the United States. The first, in the 26th minute, was Colombias first ever Olympic goal, and first ever goal against the United States. Team USA still emerged at the top of Group G of the womens soccer tournament and will play in the quarterfinals.Host country Brazil played to a 0-0 draw with South Africa. The Brazilians had already secured a spot in the womens soccer quarterfinals before their match. The team and star Marta have drawn more attention while Brazils men have struggled at the Olympics. The womens team will face Australia in a quarterfinal match on Friday.MEDAL STRIPPED : A Ukrainian javelin thrower was stripped of his silver medal from the 2012 London Olympics, becoming the latest athlete disqualified after the retesting of stored doping samples. Oleksandr Pyatnytsya tested positive for the steroid turinabol and was retroactively disqualified from the London Games and ordered to return his medal, the International Olympic Committee said.RUGBY STUNNER : Sonny Bill Williams was helped off with an ankle injury during New Zealands shocking 14-12 loss to Japan in its first game of rugby sevens. New Zealand is a 12-time world series champion and one of the top contenders for the first rugby medals awarded at an Olympics in 92 years.PELE IMPROVING: Pele tweeted that he hopes to appear at the closing ceremony after missing the opening because of his health. The soccer great was the organizers preferred choice to light the cauldron, but first cited sponsorship commitments and later health concerns for staying away.---Online:AP Summer Games website: http://summergames.ap.org China Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL T-shirts Camo China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China NFL Hoodies ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor