Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 41 mal aufgerufen
 Silkroad
jcy123 Offline

11.09.2018 01:27
day a little disappointed but much calmer than he was a day earlier when he stepped into a race car for the first time in eight Antworten

INDIANAPOLIS -- Jeff Gordon typically would leave frustrated after qualifying 21st for a race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.In a substitute role driving for a crew he has never worked with before, he left the track Saturday a little disappointed but much calmer than he was a day earlier when he stepped into a race car for the first time in eight months.Gordon, filling in for Dale Earnhardt Jr.?(concussion-type symptoms) for the next two races, said he got loose going into Turn 1 in the second round of qualifying for the Brickyard 400, resulting in his starting spot in the middle of the 40-car field.Im much calmer than I was [Friday], Gordon said after his lap at 181.851 mph. Usually, my heart is beating more for qualifying than it is for practice. But that wasnt the case [in practice].I feel more relaxed and comfortable in the car.Defending winner Kyle Busch (184.634 mph) will start from the pole Sunday with his Joe Gibbs Racing teammate Carl Edwards (184.547 mph) beside him.Tony Stewart (184.328 mph), competing in his final Brickyard 400 as he plans to retire after this season, will start third.Gordon thought his last Brickyard was last year, but now being thrust into the substitute role at Hendrick Motorsports has challenged the four-time Sprint Cup champion.I feel really good about the things we learned [Friday] at the end of practice, Gordon said. I would have liked to have started further forward. Weve got some work to do and I look forward to the challenge.A five-time Brickyard 400 champion, Gordon said he will keep his expectations realistic. He wont talk about potentially winning a record sixth race at Indianapolis.Its a steep learning curve to be off the track this long and jump in here, but luckily I have a great race car and great race team that is going to help me get through it, Gordon said.The car has good speed, Gordon said, and the one thing that doesnt change is his approach to the race.I drive the car into the corner and the car gives me feedback and if it feels good, I drive it harder, Gordon said. If it doesnt feel good, I find a way to manage it until we can make adjustments or I can make an adjustment. ... My goal is to make the car as fast as it can go.That goal is pretty standard. For Busch, he won his first pole at Indianapolis and had one of the cars to beat for the pole.We set the fast time in practice and that gave me a little extra vote of confidence, Busch said. You never know what happens overnight with guys making changes and adjustments. For us, it was really good to back that up.For the fans, it was probably more exciting to see the Indiana native Stewart having a good weekend in his last Brickyard experience. His year started with a broken back, and he missed eight races.The cars are just driving better, said Stewart, who is working with first-year crew chief Mike Bugarewicz. It seems like the communication between us each week is just getting easier and easier. Its hard when you spot these guys eight races at the beginning of the season to get caught up, but were making a good run at that. Stitched Womens Jerseys . -- Matt Kuchar and Harris English ran away with the Franklin Templeton Shootout, shooting a 14-under 58 on Sunday in the final-round scramble to break the tournament course record. Wholesale Jerseys . -- In one brief spurt, Brazil turned a close game into a rout and proved again it will be a strong World Cup favourite. http://www.cheapjerseysforwomens.com/ . Q: Team Canada announces their Olympic roster three weeks from today. Who is general manager Steve Yzerman watching? LeBrun: Over the last 48 hours, hes taken in the home-and-home between the Dallas Stars and Colorado Avalanche with Jamie Benn and Matt Duchene being the obvious targets. Cheap Jerseys 2019 . -- The Sacramento Kings are set to become the first major professional sports franchise to accept Bitcoin virtual currency for ticket and merchandise purchases. Wholesale Womens Jerseys From China . Thousands of fans at Mosaic Stadium will be cozying up to each other in an effort to stay warm in chilly temperatures and block the Prairie wind that locals say can knock your socks off. MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Twins might want to consider starting their games closer to midnight.The Twins waited out a rain delay of more than two hours in the top of the inning in a 5-4 win against the Cleveland Indians at Target Field, wrapping up the victory shortly after 12:30 a.m. local time Sunday morning, when rookie outfielder Max Keplers comebacker to the mound with the bases loaded and one out in the bottom of the 11th inning produced an error and allowed the winning run to score.It was adventurous, said Twins manager Paul Molitor. But he finished it off with a big hit to help us get the win.It was the third time in the last month the Twins have started a game on one day, finished it on the next while also playing a day game the following afternoon.So far, the Twins are 5-0 in those games and will look for their sixth win on Sunday.I told the guys before we went back out there, Weve been good in these situations, said Molitor. They came out with some energy and got it done.The loss dropped the American League Central Division-leading Indians to 3-5 against Minnesota this season; the Twins have the worst record in the American League and are 2-19 against every other team in the Central. Meanwhile, the Indians have posted a 24-7 mark against the rest of the division.Every game with these guys is a tug-of-war, said Indians manager Terry Francona. Some teams just play you tough.Cleveland willl send Josh Tomlin to the mound in search of his 10th victory of the season.dddddddddddd The right-hander will look to bounce back from his worst outing of the season his last time out against the Detroit Tigers on July 6.In a game the Indians lost 12-2, Tomlin was tagged for eight runs -- five of them earned -- on seven hits and a walk in just 4 2/3 innings of work.Tomlin has been good in two outings against the Twins this season, earning the victory each time out. He allowed five runs, four earned in 5 1/3 innings pitched at Target Field on April 27, but got enough offensive support in a 6-5 victory.He was better two weeks later, giving up three earned runs over 6 1/3 innings while striking out four.Cleveland has a 13-3 record in his 16 starts this season.Minnesota will counter with right-hander Kyle Gibson, who has been uneven in 10 starts this season. He didnt pick up his first victory until June 28. Despite the inconsistencies, the Twins have won three of his last four starts and were in line for a victory in the other before a late bullpen meltdown against the Texas Rangers his last time out on July 8, when he surrendered four runs in five innings.Gibsons 5.77 career ERA in seven starts against the Indians is his highest against any American League Central opponent. Cheap Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback Cheap NFL Gear Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Wholesale NFL White Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor