Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 40 mal aufgerufen
 Silkroad
jcy123 Offline

20.09.2018 01:43
ional akharas, who have qualified and competed in large numbers through Indias Olympic history.Hardeep himself was a freestyle w Antworten

In the space of three months, Hardeep Singh has achieved two distinctions. He became the first Indian Greco-Roman wrestler to qualify for the Olympic Games in 12 years. And he is, as a 98kg-class wrestler, the heaviest among the Indian fighters heading to Rio. Hardeeps first achievement brought relief to Indias small Greco-Roman wrestling community. The second factoid no doubt will cause much mirth.Hardeeps 98kg Greco-Roman event is the highest weight category for Indian boxers, wrestlers and the sole judoka in Rio. His event will take place on August 16. After his Rio qualification came through in March, Hardeep was joined two months later by 85kg middleweight Ravinder Khatri.Before Hardeep, 26, and Khatri, 24, only 10 Indian Greco-Roman wrestlers have competed at the Olympics, the last being 60kg featherweight Mukesh Khatri in 2004. They are a rare species, because it is freestylers, fresh out of Indias traditional akharas, who have qualified and competed in large numbers through Indias Olympic history.Hardeep himself was a freestyle wrestler who shifted to Greco-Roman as a 19-year-old three years into competitive wrestling after a knee injury. His national Greco-Roman coach Kuldeep Singh says this is a transition that is possible to make. A freestyle wrestler who has good holding power, strong shoulders and lateral muscles can switch over, says Kuldeep. Hardeep has been with me from 2011 and we always had a lot of hope in him.The primary difference between freestyle and Greco-Roman is that the latter allows tackles and holds only above the waist, whereas in freestyle, the legs also are allowed to serve as levers in both attack and defence.The 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi had breathed life and relevance back into Greco-Roman wrestling in India, the build-up itself, saying Kuldeep, leading to a push towards the wrestling style not considered and Indian staple. Before the Commonwealth Games, Greco-Roman was started in schools, at the university level, he says. I think our Greco-Roman standard will get better in next four-odd years since there will be more competition across categories. India had won medals - four golds, a silver, two bronzes - in each of the seven Greco-Roman weight categories at the 2010 CWG.It was around this time that Hardeep, the son of a farmer in Haryanas Jind district, came into the junior camp and switched to Greco-Roman. I had strength in my hands and arms, and despite the knee injury I found that my body responded to Greco-Roman wrestling, he said. It was tough to switch to at first, but now Ive been fully immersed in it for about four years or so.Hardeep came to the SAI Northern Regional Centre in Sonepat from a sports school in Nidani village, set up by a formal director general of police, Mahendra Singh Malik, and run by Dileep, the villages sarpanch (headman). Hardeep remembers watching the 2004 Athens Olympics wrestling event on TV at his school.Twelve years on, the idea that the current batch of the Nidani Sports School will watch him on TV from Rio delights him. He believes Khatri and his own Olympic qualification has struck a blow for Indias Greco-Roman wrestlers. I think the wrestling community doesnt think now that these Greco-Roman people are just there to make up the numbers, he says. They can actually achieve something - even win a medal.He says Indias two freestyle Olympic medallists - Sushil Kumar and Yogeshwar Dutt - have put a medal within the grasp of every wrestler who has followed them. A path has been laid out, a mindset has changed, Hardeep says. Now people dont go out of the country for a tour. Now we go out for a medal. Every man.The Indian wrestlers at the Asian Qualification event in Astana, Kazakhstan, in March he says, similarly wanted to do more than merely make the trip. They wanted to get to Rio. In Astana, Hardeep won two rounds - 11-0 against Arslan Saparmammedov (Turkmenistan) and 11-2 against Margulan Assembekov (Kazakhstan) - and entered the final, making him eligible for qualification. He conceded the final to Di Xiao (China) due to a knee injury.Yogeshwar competed in Astana too and Hardeep remembered his advice: You have to fight well. Qualification is no big deal, it can be done.Hardeep and Khatri, from the army sports school in Pune, represent a new generation of Indian Greco-Roman wrestlers whose Olympic qualification marks the end of a round of achievements at the Commonwealth and Asian levels. Hardeep was part of the Indian team that won four medals at the Bangkok Asian Championships; he won a silver in 98kg category and since then has been signed up by the JSW Sports Excellence Programme.The difference between Greco-Roman wrestlers from India and other countries, Hardeep says, used to be speed and power. We used to have fewer throws in the past than the wrestlers from overseas, but I think were doing that a lot more now, he says. Our Greco wrestlers come through freestyle and have to make the change.Kuldeep and Hardeep are both passionate when talking about their disciplines virtues and demands. Greco-Roman is seen as more attractive because there are many throws, says Kuldeep. Once a wrestler is lifted, you cant try to defend yourselves by catching or holding your opponents legs - thats when the throws come. Its makes for great drama. It is all about explosive power.Greco-Roman wrestling requires enormous spinal flexibility along with power because throws can be made over ones own back if necessary - by bending backwards and forming a bridge.Hardeep says to prevent being lifted a fighter must build both ground defence and power. You have to pick one quintal weight [100kg] off the ground and throw it down, he says. Or prevent yourself becoming the quintal being picked up and thrown.?It is not a fate that the heaviest fighter in the Indian contingent to Rio can contemplate lightly. Nike Air Max 97 For Sale Ireland . Patrice Bergeron and Daniel Paille scored 20 seconds apart a few minutes after Stamkos was taken off the ice on a stretcher with a broken right leg, and the Bruins beat the Lightning 3-0 on Monday afternoon. Nike Air Max 97 Mens Sale .ca NFL Power Rankings, overtaking the Denver Broncos and remaining ahead of NFC competition San Francisco, Carolina and New Orleans. http://www.nike97airmaxireland.com/ . Barcelonas entertaining victory ensured the defending Spanish champions retained their share of the league lead with Atletico Madrid two rounds ahead of their meeting in the capital. Real Madrid needed a late goal by substitute Jese Rodriguez to earn a 3-2 victory at Valencia to stay in third place and three points behind its title rivals. Air Max 97 Rose Gold Mens . John Lucas, signed as a mentor for rookie Trey Burke, showed he can score if required, scoring 12 points of his 16 points in the second quarter as Utah built an 18-point lead. Nike Air Max 97 Womens Sale . The 29-year-old Baines has established himself as one of the top attacking full backs in the country and was the subject of two bids from United during the last off-season. Everton manager Roberto Martinez says that keeping Baines at the club is a "massive boost and exciting for the future" because he brings "maturity and football knowledge in a very specialized position on the pitch" and an "infectious and positive influence to the rest of the squad. LOS ANGELES -- The Dodgers were down to their final out with Matt Moore on the verge of throwing the Giants first no-hitter against them in more than 100 years.Corey Seager spoiled the attempt with a bloop single to right with two outs in the ninth in Los Angeles 4-0 loss to San Francisco.Seagers hit sent the sellout crowd of 53,297 into a raucous celebration. That clutch hit came on his bobblehead night. And Moores try ended on his 133rd pitch.Asked about his emotions of the hit, Seager said: Not much. Its one of those things where you dont ever want that to happen. Like I said, we won the series, and youre still happy about that.Moore just smiled after Seagers hit.Giving up a base hit right there is a part of the game, Moore said. It was a fun ride all the way up until that point ... theres not a lot to be angry about. I think the smile just kind of came out.It was a difficult and emotional day for the Dodgers as beloved teammate and backup catcher A.J. Ellis was traded to the Phillies earlier in the day.Ellis said he and Kershaw cried.To have been the longest tenured Dodgers was something Im extremely proud of, to have that gone now in the blink of an eye, without much time to feel finality to it, it rips your heart out, Ellis said.Moore retired 14 consecutive Dodger batters in one stretch. He struck out seven, walked three and gave up one hit in 8 2/3 innings. Seager and Yasmani Grandal both drew walks -- Grandal with two -- but the usually explosive Dodger offense was silent.I think it was just something where hes developing his cut fastball that he was using to lefties and righties which he just started throwing this year, Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said of Moore. Actually, in the last couple of months. Changeup was good, and fastball command better than weve seen it.Had the Giants lost, they wouldve been swept by the Dodgers and fallen another game back. Instead, the Giants moved within two games of the Dodgers in the NL West.He had everything working tonight, Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. HHe saved us from getting swept.dddddddddddd It was the biggest game all year.The Dodgers will move on with a new backup catcher in Carlos Ruiz from the Phillies. Hell join former Philadelphia teammate Chase Utley, whom he won the World Series with in 2008.Thats hard, Seager said. Youre losing a teammate, losing a friend. Hes been here a long time. Done a lot for this organization. Kind of next guy up. Were looking forward to Ruiz getting here and seeing what he can do.Ross Stripling allowed three earned runs on seven hits in five innings.I felt sharp, Stripling said. I was making some good pitches. Like I said, they had some good (at-bats). I think they had a hit every inning. Able to work out of a leadoff double in the second. Able to make some pitches when I needed to, but at the end of the day, Matt Moore, got to tip your hat to him. What an outing.The Dodgers remain tied with the Giants for the most consecutive years with a no-hitter -- all by Sandy Koufax -- from 1962-65.Chris Heston threw one last year for San Francisco, Tim Lincecum did it in 2014 and also 2013 -- with 148 pitches -- and Matt Cain had a perfect game in 2012.TRAINERS ROOMDodgers: Andre Ethier (broken right tibia) began a rehab assignment at Single-A Rancho Cucamonga on Thursday.UP NEXTGiants: Jeff Samardzija (10-9, 4.17) starts the series opener at home against the Braves. He took a no-hitter into the seventh inning against the Mets on Sunday, the longest such bid of his career. Samardzija is 2-2 with a 2.92 ERA in five starts lifetime against Atlanta. Braves starter Joel De La Cruz (0-6, 4.47) will be face the Giants for the first time.Dodgers: RHP Bud Norris (6-10, 4.69) will start the series opener against the Cubs. He is 5-5 with a 3.39 ERA in 12 career games vs. Chicago. He has a win against the Cubs when he was with the Braves earlier this year. The Cubs will start LHP Mike Montgomery (1-1, 2.77). Cheap Stitched Jerseys China NFL Jerseys White Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Gear Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor