Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 29 mal aufgerufen
 Silkroad
jcy123 Offline

21.09.2018 01:36
ig a problem as its porous defense.General manager Dave Caldwell did everything he could to fix the defense this offseason. He s antworten

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Of all the things on Jacksonvilles lengthy to-improve list, starting faster is near the top of the list.The Jaguars were among the NFLs worst first-quarter teams in 2015. They scored just 35 points in the opening period, second worst in the league behind San Francisco.There were a number of persistent issues, including turnovers, sacks and penalties. Jacksonville also ranked 31st in three-and-outs, failing to move the chains on 38.3 percent of its drives. Throw in a mediocre running game, and the teams sluggish offense early in games was as big a problem as its porous defense.General manager Dave Caldwell did everything he could to fix the defense this offseason. He spent big in free agency and drafted several youngsters to fill holes on that side of the ball. Offensive coordinator Greg Olson and quarterback Blake Bortles, meanwhile, are still working to find a permanent fix to the slow starts.They will get their first chance to show progress Thursday night in the teams preseason opener at the New York Jets.You want to get in a groove and get moving, Bortles said Tuesday. It would be nice to not have to deal with a third down on the first drive. ... Its not a good feeling to go out there for the first possession and everybodys amped up and ready and you go three-and-out, and then you go and repeat and go three-and-out again.Thats what were trying to eliminate. How do we become consistent in moving the chains and being more efficient on third down and staying on the field?Olson talks about it daily and treats each of the 12 practice periods in training camp like the beginning of a new game. So the Jaguars are getting plenty of chances to work on faster starts, but the first real test comes against the Jets.We have to make the layups, tight end Marcedes Lewis said. Thats one of the things that were missing last year. We had way too many silly things put us in holes. And when were faced with adversity, weve got to be able to punch it in the mouth and keep going. That was our issue, too, last year. If something bad happened, the air was just out of the whole sideline and out of the ball. We cant be like that this year.It should help that the Jaguars have the majority of their offensive starters going into their second season in the same offense. There is no learning curve or transition period like during Olsons first season in Jacksonville.Bortles knows the plays as well as anyone. Tight end Julius Thomas is healthy after playing last season with a broken bone in the back of his right hand. The addition of Chris Ivory should bolster the running game. And with center Brandon Linder back from injury and Kelvin Beachum expected to step in at left tackle, the Jaguars should be better up front.All those factors could help the Jags get out of the gates quicker.Of course, then they will be concerned with sustaining it.Its not just about whether we start super-fast, Lewis said. We just need to play ball. In years past, if we didnt start fast, wed be behind and have no momentum and no idea how to get it back. Now, we have players. Lets just go out there and play ball and not worry about starting fast. If we do start fast, great, but you cant get too high or too low about it. Youve got to stay in that zone and be consistent, and I think well finally be able to do that.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Brandon Linder Jersey .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Cody Kessler Jersey . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. http://www.thejaguarsfansshop.com/Jaguars-Dj-Chark-Draft-Jersey/ . Brett Kulak and Jackson Houck of the Vancouver Giants were each charged with assault causing bodily harm on Aug. 18, according to the B.C. court services. Logan Cooke Jersey . Pert has formerly spent time as an assistant coach with Cardiff City, Coventry City, and Bahrain mens national team. "Martyn is a highly-respected coach with experience at the top levels in England," said Whitecaps FC head coach Carl Robinson. Marcell Dareus Jersey . Its 1987 and a Brazilian playmaker, known as Mirandinha, is being paraded around St James Park to the passionate Newcastle fans. LONDON -- Jumping two weight classes to challenge Gennady Golovkin, Kell Brooks ambitious challenge wasnt given much hope.Despite that leap, a valiant Brook made it far tougher for the world middleweight champion than anticipated as they traded punches for four rounds in a thrilling, open contest Saturday night in London.But Brooks vision was affected after his right eye socket was broken in the second round and the previously unbeaten welterweight champion began to fade. After the formidable Golovkin unloaded a rapid succession of powerful punches in the fifth round, the Brooks corner threw in the towel.The last round he couldnt breathe or move, Golovkin said.The 30-year-old Brook was taken to a hospital from O2 Arena in London for his eye to be assessed.I am gutted because there was much, much more to come from me, Brook said before leaving the ring. I was just getting started but I was seeing five of them out there, I think I have bust an eye socket.The 34-year-old Golovkin was full of praise for Brook but never felt his WBA, WBC and IBF middleweight belts were under threat.I know my style, I respect him, hes good but not so strong, Brook said. He just touched but I didnt feel his power. So many punches but I didnt feel them.The Kazakh improved his record to 36-0 and is now targeting a uniification fight with Billy Joe Saunders to claim the minor WBO title.ddddddddddddm open for everybody, Golovkin said.Brook succumbed to the first defeat of his professional career in his 37th fight after being one of the few fighters willing to take on the fearsome Golovkin. After initially looking unsteady and anxious, Brook grew in confidence landing left hooks on Golovkin and unsettling him with three-punch combinations in the second round.I expected him to be a bigger puncher, Brook said. In the second round he broke my eye socket but I was tricking him, I was frustrating him. I was starting to settle into it but when you see three, four, five of them its difficult.I hurt him. When youre in the fight you can see, his legs buckled a little .... I would fight him again, with a good eye.Brooks trainer, Dominic Ingle, was jeered by the capacity arena crowd after throwing in the towel. But the swelling on a cut by Brooks right eye showed he couldnt continue. He was tiring as a resilient Golovkin was showing he could not be worn down.You cant be fighting a guy like Golovkin when you cant even focus on the guy, promote Eddie Hearn said, referring to Brooks eye injury. Cheap Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys China Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Gear Stitched Jerseys Discount Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys 2019 Black China NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor