Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 34 mal aufgerufen
 Silkroad
jcy123 Offline

30.09.2018 12:28
of Stephen Kearney, believes he has solved those problems. New Zealand players celebrate after winning the Four Nations Final Au antworten

BOSTON -- David Ortiz isnt quite finished with the late-inning heroics.The soon-to-retire Red Sox slugger opened his final weekend with yet another game-winning homer, lining a two-run shot into the right-field stands to break a seventh-inning tie and help Boston beat the Toronto Blue Jays 5-3 on Friday night.Ive seen it for 10 years: Every time theres a big situation, hes always found a way to come through, said second baseman Dustin Pedroia, who had three hits to reach 201 for the season. Were going to enjoy it, because its pretty special.With his image mowed into the grass in center for the final regular-season series of his career, Ortiz was honored in a pregame ceremony and responded with an RBI single in the first. The Red Sox trailed 3-1 in the seventh when they scored two to tie it and then Brett Cecil came in to face Ortiz.The crowd, which sat through a 25-minute rain delay, rose to its feet chanting Papi! After working the count to 2-1, Ortiz lined the ball past the Pesky Pole for his 38th homer of the season -- and No. 541 of his career.The chants waned slightly before Ortiz popped out of the dugout for a curtain call.On a night that begins a weekend celebration, I dont know that you can write a script for what David did here tonight offensively, manager John Farrell said. Nights like tonight he almost leaves you speechless. ... (He) turned this place upside down.Told that Farrell called it a storybook finish, Ortiz said, I wish that it is.We worked pretty hard to get here, and its working out pretty good, said the 40-year-old slugger, who tied Ken Griffey Jr. and Rafael Palmeiro for eighth on baseballs career list with 1,192 extra-base hits.Devon Travis had three hits, including a pair of doubles, and Jose Bautista homered for Toronto.PENNANT RACESThe Red Sox snapped a three-game losing streak and stayed a half-game ahead of Cleveland in the race for home-field advantage when their playoff series begins next week.The Blue Jays fell one game behind Baltimore in the wild-card race and are now within range of Detroit and Seattle in the fight for the ALs final postseason berth.We needed it. We need every game, Blue Jays starter Marco Estrada said. Were still in it. Were right there.TARP TRAPAndrew Benintendi led off the seventh with a double and Pedroia dribbled one to the third base side. Catcher Russell Martins throw went past first baseman Justin Smoak; the ball got trapped under the tarp down the right-field line and time was called.Benintendi took off for third, and Pedroia scrambled back to first. Toronto manager John Gibbons came out to argue, but things got worse when the umpires awarded Pedroia second base; after some more arguing, Benintendi was pointed home.I picked up the ball, slick ball, turned around and threw it as quickly as I could. It just took off on me, Martin said. I wish I could take it back. I feel like thats a play I can make in my sleep but today it didnt happen.PITCHERSBrad Ziegler (2-3) picked up the win with one inning of scoreless relief after major league wins-leader Rick Porcello failed to pick up his 23rd victory. Craig Kimbrel pitched the ninth for his 31st save.Torontos Joe Biagini (4-3) allowed three runs and four hits in 1 1/3 innings.TRAINERS ROOMToronto: Estrada took an Ortiz liner off the leg in the third inning but fielded the ball and remained in the game.Boston: Farrell said knuckleballer Steven Wright would need two more bullpen sessions before facing live batters and thus was ruled out for at least the first round of the postseason.UP NEXTBlue Jays: Left-hander J.A. Happ (20-4) will start as Toronto tries to hold off Baltimore in the AL wild-card race.Red Sox: Lefty Eduardo Rodriguez (3-7) will make his last regular-season start.---This version corrects to Boston is a half-game ahead of Cleveland instead of a game. Kyrie Irving College Jersey . The formidable trio of Canadian receivers -- individually known as Chris Getzlaf, Rob Bagg and Andy Fantuz -- will share the field at Mosaic Stadium one more time on Sunday. Bobby Hurley College Jersey . The next step is a better finish. Bae played bogey-free Friday on another gorgeous day at Riviera for a 5-under 66, giving him a one-shot lead over Aaron Baddeley and Robert Garrigus going into the weekend. http://www.cheapdukebluedevilsjerseys.com/?tag=r-j-barrett-college-jersey . Schenn scored the game-winning goal and added two assists to lead the Philadelphia Flyers to a 4-1 win over the Calgary Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Tuesday. Cheap Duke Jerseys Authentic . Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning. Grant Hill College Jersey . Hamelin, who triumphed in the 500 on Saturday, edged out Victor An of Russia by 0.021 seconds to maintain his lead in the World Cup standings. Russias Vladimir Grigorev was third. In the relay, Canada took control six laps from the finish line to beat Russia and the Netherlands.New Zealand captain Jesse Bromwich is prepared for a strong England squad in Saturdays Four Nations clash in Huddersfield. Bromwich was in the Kiwis team beaten 2-1 by England in their Test series in 2015 and admits the return of Sam Burgess from his spell in rugby union has added to the size of their task as they begin the defence of their Four Nations crown.Theyve a great team, with a lot of NRL experience, a lot of players Ive played against, said the Melbourne Storm prop. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract Sam is an outstanding player, someone I used to look up to when I watched the Kiwis play England a few years back now.Ive played against him a few times now and hes a tough competitor. Hes very aggressive, the whole forward pack is impressive. Its a tough ask.New Zealand have lost their last three matches and scored just six points in their two meetings with Australia this year but head coach David Kidwell, who takes charge for the second time following the departure of Stephen Kearney, believes he has solved those problems. New Zealand players celebrate after winning the Four Nations Final Australia in 2014 Weve addressed that in training and weve put it into action, said Kidwell after putting his team through their final training run at the John Smiths Stadiumm on Friday afternoon.dddddddddddd We just need to execute it tomorrow.Weve prepared well this week and were looking forward to what is going to be a big challenge tomorrow in front of a sold-out crowd.Im sure some of the boys that havent experienced an English crowd will be looking forward to enjoying it. Live New Zealand NPC Rugby October 29, 2016, 7:15am Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass Kidwell is aware of the threats posed by the eight-strong NRL contingent in Englands 17 and says he has done his homework on the Super League-based players.Its a really strong competition over here, he said. Mixed in with some NRL players, its a very dangerous pack and team. Weve to be on our A game tomorrow.Well definitely be better for that run we had (in Perth). Weve had some really good training sessions and worked on the things that let us down. Hopefully weve worked hard enough to fix them up.You can watch Premier League and EFL Cup football, plus Englands tour of Bangladesh and the Mexican Grand Prix on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy six months at half price! Also See: Eddie Joness decisions Dont scrap promotion play-offs Wales quartet extend dual deals Larkham quits Brumbies for ARU Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys White Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo Wholesale Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Hoodies Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor