Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 40 mal aufgerufen
 Silkroad
jcy123 Offline

08.10.2018 01:16
as not at Virginia for spring practice.Only the Cavaliers first three practices were open to the media.Mendenhall, who replaced Antworten

Virginia coach Bronco Mendenhall has a pretty good idea who his starting quarterback will be, but hes not ready to make that decision public just yet.An announcement will likely come by the middle of next week, the Cavaliers first-year coach said Friday, and he thinks the players have an idea already.I think so, just simply by the amount of repetition and how weve been distributing it, he said of practice reps. He said quarterbacks coach Jason Beck and offensive coordinator Robert Anae have communicated with all three contenders on a daily basis, so I dont think it will be a surprise to anyone.The contenders are incumbent Matt Johns, who threw for 20 touchdowns with 17 interceptions last season, fellow fifth-year senior Connor Brewer and East Carolina transfer Kurt Benkert, who began preseason camp getting more reps than the other two because he was not at Virginia for spring practice.Only the Cavaliers first three practices were open to the media.Mendenhall, who replaced Mike London after last season, won 99 games in 11 seasons at BYU and took the Cougars to a bowl game in each of his 11 seasons.The Cavaliers have not been to a bowl game since the 2011 Peach Bowl.Mendenhall, who will serve as the defensive coordinator, said hes not a fan of using more than one quarterback.I think the team, the offensive identity struggles. I also think the team identity struggles, he said on a conference call. Thats not something I prefer to do. Id rather have a single starting quarterback.An exception might be if a team has two quarterbacks with distinctly different styles, he said, but thats not the case at Virginia. All three are drop-back style quarterbacks, although Benkert is viewed as the most mobile and probably has the strongest arm of the three.He and Brewer also have more familiarity with the fast-paced offense the Cavaliers will employ.Beyond quarterback, Mendenhall said he has been impressed with the teams stable of running backs, and pleasantly surprised at how some players have impressed enough to be considered options at wide receiver. The latter was thought to be a weak spot, he said, but when injuries sidelined Olamide Zaccheaus and Andre Levrone during camp, players like David Eldridge and Warren Craft have shown themselves to be more than capable.Mendenhall still expects Zaccheauu and Levrone to be ready for the Sept. 3 opener against Richmond, he said.At tailback, Taquan Smoke Mizzell distinguished himself last season, running for 671 yards and four touchdowns and catching 75 passes for 721 yards and four more scores. His receiving yardage was a record for an Atlantic Coast Conference running back, but hes far from the only ball-carrying option.A lot of people know about Smoke, but Daniel Hamm, and Jordan Ellis and Albert Reid -- those three players have really set the tone for our entire team in camp and I didnt expect that Id be that impressed, but I am with those three, Mendenhall said. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Larry-Fitzgerald-Jersey/ . -- Ken Appleby made 32 saves for his first shutout of the season to lead the Oshawa Generals to a 2-0 win over the Belleville Bulls on Wednesday in Ontario Hockey League action. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Phil-Dawson-Jersey/ . He just needed to be his best twisting, turning acrobatic self. "I didnt need to be anybody else, I just needed to be myself and be aggressive," said Burks, who scored a career-high 34 points to spark the Utah Jazz to a 118-103 victory over the Denver Nuggets on Monday night. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Rodney-Gunter-Jersey/ . -- Catcher Brett Hayes has agreed to a $630,000, one-year contract with the Kansas City Royals, avoiding salary arbitration. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Jj-Nelson-Jersey/ . Halifax beat the Saint John Sea Dogs 7-5 on the strength of two goals apiece from Nikolaj Ehlers, Matt Murphy and Brent Andrews. Jonathan Drouin also scored and had three assists while Zachary Fucale made 17 saves for the Mooseheads (16-8-0), who led 6-1 after two periods. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Pat-Tillman-Jersey/ .J. -- Josh Cribbs was in the Pro Bowl in February and out of a job six months later.England skipper Eoin Morgan says there is no question of any players being rested for this weekends pair of Twenty20 internationals against South Africa. Instead, Morgan wants the first-choice side to register a morale-boosting pair of victories ahead of next months ICC World Twenty20.The tourists will face South Africa in Cape Town on Friday before the second match takes place in Johannesburg on Sunday. And the sides will then meet again next month in a World Twenty20 group stage match in Mumbai.Our best team at the moment, were very close to selecting it or having a really good idea of what it is, said Morgan.Which is good, considering were a few weeks out from a World Cup.Nobody will be rested over the next two games. They are games we really want to win.Twenty20 is very funny in that regard. When momentum is with you, it can be very kind, but also if youre struggling to gain it, it can be brutal.If youre trying to turn round momentum, and gain wins, its a terrible game.But if you have momentum with you, everything seems to click.It has been suggested that England have more potential match-winners with bat than ball but Morgan disputes that suggestion. Morgan is happy to have spinners Moeen Ali (left) and Adil Rashid (right) Paceman Steven Finn remains absent but the captain has plenty of faith in spinners Adil Rashid and Moeen Ali, and left-arm seamers Reece Topley and David Willey.I think this attaack can win games for us, said Morgan.ddddddddddddWith the spin department covered, and the two left-armers coming in and being a threat up front, it adds a huge dynamic to our game.A big strength is the fact we do bat deep. But with these strings to our bow (with the ball), it makes us a bigger threat.Morgan could only manage scores of eight, two and two in the final three matches of the one-day series but returned to form on Wednesday with 42 from just 13 balls in the warm-up match against South Africa A.I havent felt out of form, just short on runs, and it was nice to come in and play with the freedom I like playing with, he said.Id like to come out and score some runs in these next two games. It might happen, it might not but Ill stay true to whats worked for me in recent times.That has come with experience.Watch the first Twenty20 international between South Africa and England live on Sky Sports 2 this Friday from 3.30pm.Before then, do not miss South Africa Women take on England Women in their second T20 from 11.25am on Friday, also on Sky Sports 2. Get a Sky Sports Day Pass Dont miss South Africa v England. Watch live on NOW TV for £6.99. No contract Also See: WATCH: Monday Night Cricket England win T20 warm-up Luke Wright Q&A England fixtures/results Camo China NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap NFL T-shirts Disocunt Football Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Jerseys From China Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor