Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 31 mal aufgerufen
 Silkroad
jcy123 Offline

01.04.2019 07:20
Rio Games on Friday because of concerns over the Zika virus, costing golf three of the worlds top four players for its return to Antworten

DALLAS -- U.S. Open champion Dustin Johnson withdrew from the Rio Games on Friday because of concerns over the Zika virus, costing golf three of the worlds top four players for its return to the Olympics after a 112-year absence.Jordan Spieth is the only player from the top four who has not said if he is going to Brazil. A decision could come as early as this weekend ahead of the British Open. Rickie Fowler also is undecided.Johnson, No. 2 in the world after his U.S. Open title and another World Golf Championship victory last week, is the 13th player to pull out of the Rio Games. Eight of them, including world No. 1 Jason Day and world No. 4 Rory McIlroy, specifically have cited Zika as the reason.Patrick Reed, who said earlier this week at the Scottish Open he wants to play in the Olympics, would replace Johnson. The United States is allowed four players, the most of any country in golf, because they are in the top 15 in the world.This was not an easy decision for me, Johnson said in a statement released by his management company. But my concerns about the Zika virus cannot be ignored.Johnson said he and his fiancee, Paulina Gretzky, plan to have more children. They have an 18-month-old son, Tatum.I feel it would be irresponsible to put myself, her or our family at risk, Johnson said. I believe I am making the right decision for me and most importantly, my family. While I am sure some will be critical of my decision, my hope is that most will understand and support it.The decision follows a meeting at the Bridgestone Invitational with USA Golf in which the leading four Americans were briefed on Zika and security concerns. Johnson had called it a productive meeting and that he was planning to play, though he still wanted a few more answers.Of the top four Americans, only two-time Masters champion Bubba Watson said he is going.Golf was last an Olympic sport in 1904 in St. Louis.Nine of the 13 players who have withdrawn are among the top 30 in the world -- Day, Johnson, McIlroy, Adam Scott, Branden Grace, Louis Oosthuizen, Hideki Matsuyama and Shane Lowry. Supply China Jerseys . The Swede became the first golfer to win the PGA Tours FedEx Cup and European Tours Race to Dubai in the same season. "It is still taking a little time to sink in what Ive achieved this week as was the case when I won the FedEx Cup but then it just kept getting better and better as the days went on and I am sure this will be the same," he said. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . Andreas Johnson had a goal and two assists while Jacob de la Rose also scored for Sweden (2-0-0). Esa Lindell and Rasmus Ristolainen replied for Finland (1-1-0) Lindell opened the scoring for Finland just 41 seconds into the game, but the hosts quickly regained their composure and tied the score less than four minutes later on Wennbergs first of the game. http://www.cheapauthenticstitchednfljerseys.com/ . Radwanska, making her debut in the Seoul tournament, hit eight aces in a match that lasted 1 hour, 4 minutes at Olympic Park tennis stadium. "It was definitely a very good match -- I was playing really good tennis," Radwanska said. NFL Jerseys Cheap .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have placed centre Cody Hodgson on injured reserve and recalled two players from their AHL affiliate in Rochester. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping . -- Timbers coach Caleb Porter didnt stray from his business-like approach to the season even after Portland downed the two-time defending league champion Los Angeles Galaxy to gain crucial playoff position. LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Makayla Epps scored 29 points, Evelyn Akhator had 18 points and 10 rebounds, and No. 19 Kentucky opened its season with an 82-66 win over No. 14 Miami in the Kentucky Classic on Friday night.Epps, who averaged a team-best 17.1 points per game last season for the Wildcats, went 9 of 18 from the field and 8 of 15 from the free-throw line.Kentucky trailed 13-12 after the first quarter, but Akhator poured in 12 of her 18 points in the second as the Wildccats raced to a 38-29 halftime lead.ddddddddddddMiami fought back and trailed 69-66 with 3:24 remaining on Keyanna Harris layup, but Kentucky ended the game on a 13-0 run.Adrienne Motley made four 3-pointers to lead the Hurricanes with 16 points. Erykah Davenport and Jessica Thomas added 10 points apiece, and Keyona Hayes had 10 rebounds. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor
Datenschutz